We invest in our communities to help make them strong today and achieve their greatest potential in the future. When selecting our partners, John Hancock chooses to primarily support non-profit organizations that strengthen the Boston community, the home of our U.S. headquarters. We take great pride in our Boston roots, and want to help ensure that Boston remains a world class city for all its citizens for generations to come. We focus the majority of our community investments on connecting young people to opportunity, and promoting health and wellness.
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for support:
- Organization is a registered 501(c)(3)
- Donations do NOT benefit an individual or private entity
- Organization is NOT a religious or political organization, unless operating with a mission of social welfare under a separate 501(c)(3)
- Organization has policies in place that prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran, or marital status.
- Mission is aligned with John Hancock’s mission and strategic focus areas: Youth/Education and Health/Wellness
- Programs benefit the Boston community
Before applying for financial support, we strongly encourage you to review our signature programs, MLK Summer Scholars and JH Boston Marathon Non-Profit Program to consider first if there is a potential fit.
**Unsolicited requests not submitted through an online application will not be reviewed.
- Community Investment – Click here to request financial support for your organization’s program, project, or initiative.
- Event Sponsorship – Click here to request sponsorship for a fundraising event.
- In-Kind Support – Click here to request in-kind support (event space and/or other items).
- MLK Summer Scholars – The program seeks to develop a future skilled workforce while adding significant value to our community today. With over 650 youth participating annually, MLK Summer Scholars is the largest, most comprehensive, corporate summer jobs program of its kind in the country. Click here for more information on program criteria and application process.
- John Hancock Boston Marathon Non-Profit Program – As part of our principal sponsorship, John Hancock donates nearly 1,000 guaranteed entries each year to select non-profits through our Marathon Non-Profit Program. Organizations use these entries to recruit individual runners who pledge to raise money for their cause. Click here for program requirements and the application.